Monastery Osek [ Klášter ]
Cistercian abbey by the Church of Assumption of the Virgin Mary established in 1191 by magnate Milhost.
The monastery was rebuilt by the end of the 17th and 18th centuries and given its Baroque appearance. Master-builder Oktavián Broggio participated in the construction works By the end of World War II it was bomb -destroyed. After the Cistercian community having been abolished, the monastery served to other orders. The monastery was returned to Cistercians in 1991.
Stone reading desk in the capitular hall is the most valuable relic there.
417 05 OsekCzechia (CZ)
tel: (+420) 417 837 127
(+420) 417 837 293
fax: (+420) 417 837 236
LAST MODIFY: uživatel č. 685 org. 2, 17.06.2005 v 08:11 hodin
součást prezentačního a rezervačního systému Doménová koule ®